If you have a problem with your license key, please check the following points before raising a support ticket:
1) Are you using the latest version of nBill? To check this, go to Installers->Components (or Components->Review/Uninstall in Mambo), and look for nBill on the list - the version number should be quoted there. Check the download page
to see what the latest version of nBill should be. If you are using a new license key on an old version of the software, it might not work.
2) Check the value of your 'live site' setting - does it have a trailing slash? If so, please remove it (you can do this by editing your configuration.php file). A trailing slash is not necessary, and will prevent your license key from working.
3) Is your website in a folder or sub-domain, or does it redirect? You must use your 'live site' setting when ordering a license key, and this must be the domain you use to access Joomla (or Mambo) administrator (eg. if 2 different URLs point to the same place). Make sure you read this page
4) Has your free trial run out? If so, you need to purchase a license key!
5) If none of the above applies, try uninstalling and re-installing the component (if there was a problem creating the database tables during installation, the component will be unable to save the license key you enter). Before re-installing, make sure that the following folders are all writable by the user PHP runs under (this might mean setting the permissions to 777):
If you get a blank page or error message after installation, the installation probably failed and your license key will not work. Please see http://www.nbill.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,525.0.html
. If the suggestions there do not work for you, or if you get a database connection error, see this topic: http://www.nbill.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,862.0.htmlPlease do not request support for a non-functioning license key unless you have checked ALL of the above points, INCLUDING uninstalling and re-installing the component. If installation fails with a blank screen or an error message, please check the 2 pages referred to in the last paragraph, above - before you request support. Thank you.