Author Topic: New Module Released  (Read 1838 times)

Offline netshine

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Module Released
« on: 07/August/2009, 12:30:21 PM »
A new module has been released which allows you to output certain information from nBill in a Joomla (or Mambo) module. There are quite a few configuration options in the module parameters so that you can customise what is output according to your needs and how much space you have (eg. modules in the top or bottom positions generally have more horizontal space than modules in the left or right positions, so you can choose which columns are output accordingly).

This module is released under the GPL (as it uses the Joomla 1.5 API), and can be downloaded from this page: http://www.nbill.co.uk/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,10/task,cat_view/gid,15/

Offline bscunningham

• Get a MAC and stop asking me dumb questions
    • View Profile
    • www.spaclique.com
Re: New Module Released
« Reply #1 on: 26/October/2009, 03:13:11 PM »
You asked above for some guidance re quotes .

• I would like to create a quote via a new invoice that includes one or more subscription items and\or fixed price items.
  • Create the quote with email option with link back to quote.
  • On link back customer can choose subscription payment term options such as pay monthly or  annually.
  • Option to apply discount code. Really nice to have would be discount code valid for x-days.
  • Accept terms of use
  • Make payment.
Hope this helps

PHP Built on:       Linux server2.spaclique.com 2.6.18-028stab064.4 #1 SMP Fri Jul 24 18:08:47 MSD 2009 x86_64
Database Version:    5.0.81-community
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.10
Web Server:    Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_bwlimite

Offline netshine

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Module Released
« Reply #2 on: 26/October/2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. It is a bit late now though, as I have almost finished the quote feature. Creating a quote based on an invoice seems a bit back-to-front - nBill 2 will allow invoices to be generated based on a quote though!

Quotes can be emailed, and correspondence about a quote can be recorded on the quote record (eg. if you have to ask the client for more information). There are no specific discount features, but offering a discount if the quote is accepted within a certain time frame is a good idea. That will not be in the first release though.

You can include 'small print' on a quote, which could include terminology such as 'by accepting this quote you are agreeing to xyz', but I have not (yet) added the facility to enforce acceptance of terms. I am currently working on payment processing.

anything